Wednesday, March 24, 2010

How old are those fashions?

Whilst sitting in the Public Market at Granville Island a couple of days ago I couldn't help but notice a lot of people who looked oddly familiar. No, I didn't know any of them - and most of them were in their late teens / early twenties, and I don't think I know anyone in that age group.

So why did they look familiar? Because they were wearing the clothes of the 1980s.

And because they were the same age that I was when those clothes were in fashion in the 1980s. Thunk. Am I that old now? If I was their age, I'd think someone my current age is... old. Oy vey. This is a time warping experience that I wasn't expecting.

Of course, skinny pants from the 1980s on the turn of the century women of today makes most of them look like... ice cream cones. The ones with the pointy bottoms that won't stand up by themselves. High definition is not always a good thing ladies and gentlemen! I hope that's not what I looked like back then! Sometimes reviving fashion is not a good thing!

No comments: