Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Isn't Wednesday the 13th more scary than Friday the 13th?

Ah, it's hump day. The middle day of the week. If you can make it over this hump, you can coast to the weekend.

That's a big IF.

And this week it's the 13th! The dreaded 13!

The number 13 has it's very own phobia - triskaidekaphobia. When the 13th falls on a Friday it has an additional phobia called Paraskevidekatriaphobia or friggatriskaidekaphobia. That's just friggin' amazing, eh? The earliest documented evidence for the Friday the 13th phobia is from the 19th Century. I think it may be time to update the phobia list with a Wednesday entry.


So far today, I phoned my pharmacy to renew a prescription 5 times. The first 4 times my call was dropped the moment I said I wanted to renew a prescription. I tried phoning an insurance agent about the status of a travel medical insurance application and they said "yeah, we'll get to it". The travel starts on Friday, so I think that's a slim chance. The new neighbor is renovating his entire apartment and the workers are making a hell of a mess of the hallway. I have put masking tape around the front door to try to keep the dust out, but they are keeping the front door of his place open to allow for the most dust possible to get into everyone else's home. And now they are storing stuff in the hallway in front of the door to the stairwell. 

That's the fire escape route I would need to take if there was a fire...I may be in trouble.


I would like this day to be over, and I'm ready to go hide under the bed sheets now.


Friday the 13th is nothing... I have 2 more weekdays to make it through before the weekend comes and life calms down... Wednesday the 13th is the scary one! Let's call it wiggatriskaidekaphobia, to coin a word.

No comments: