Monday, February 28, 2011

Where did that month go?

Ever had one of those months when you just get the hang of it on the last day of the month?

I'm set for February now.

Ever found yourself on the same side of the sun (again!) and wondered how many more trips you will be making around it? That's the fun new way I will be thinking about aging now... measuring time in trips around the sun... I just read a book by Christopher Moore - that's his way of putting it. I like it, very cosmic.

Ever found yourself stopped by an inch of snow? I'm getting older, and perhaps a bit grumpy. I grew up in Edmonton where snow piles were often taller than me... now I stay inside when it snows here in Vancouver, which it did on the weekend, and some of the white stuff is still here! We don't do snow here. We have snow, but we keep it on the mountains, where it is nice to look at and you can visit it if you really want to. So now I stay inside and peer out the windows, and go a bit stir crazy.

OK, had enough of February. Let's get on with March.

No comments: