Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Did I really need security slippers?

Fall is coming and it's time to bring out the warm slippers and sweaters again. I needed some new slippers, and I was in a store that had slippers, and they cost next to nothing because they were last year's slippers. So I have some new slippers.

But my new slippers do more than just keep my feet warm - they are security slippers.



The slippers have a grippy sole. Very security conscious, I won't be slipping anywhere. But they grip so much... you can hear me coming when I'm walking on the hardwood floors in the hallways and kitchen of my apartment. Think of space boot suction cups. Hear the squish? That's me. Echo location to pinpoint my existence in space, just what I needed.

I've also been told that the heels have added security features. There is a bit of elastic around the opening with a little pull to tighten it behind the ankle. This pull glows in the dark. Actually, if there is a light source, it flashes in the light when I walk. In case you didn't hear me coming, that flashing light will help you locate me when I'm going.

So now I'm easy to spot, I can't sneak up on anyone, or quietly sneak away without being noticed. And I feel my existence in space. There is no doubt that I'm here, no chance of fading into the background. Yep, I'm here. I have bright blue slippers (they didn't look that bright in the store) that are little security pods for my feet.

Did I really need this? Was I playing a joke on myself? Does this mean I'm going to get other new slippers as a gift in the near future? Hmm.

No comments: