Wednesday, April 15, 2009

If I watch that plant long enough, will I see that flower bloom?


Glorious sunny days are here at last, so I've been sitting in parks, taking pictures of flowers. Well, many flowers are out, but there is a notable lack of tulips flowering. So if I sit there long enough, will I see the tulips bloom? It's been warm and sunny enough that it seems to be possible. Most of the flowers are late this year and they are all coming out at the same time, which is unusual, so maybe they are willing to pop out while someone is looking!

For those who lack the patience to sit and watch flowers come out, there is a solution I've just read about: a Timelapse Garden Video Camera!

You can set this little camera to take pictures of your plants at intervals from every 5 seconds to every 24 hours. It will make a little AVI movie for you. So you can have a little movie of your tulip blooming.

As yet, there have been no signs of plant protests about violated personal - or plant - liberties against this monitoring.

Of course, if it takes time lapse pictures of plants... it could take time lapse pictures of anything really, or anyone. I can see how some people would complain about this surveillance.

There could even be a time lapse video of me sitting and watching the tulips, waiting for them to bloom... thus defining what would be even more boring than sitting and watching plants bloom. I don't think I have anything to worry about, but it does make you think.

April 23 Update: They came out while I was gone! Sneaky little... I've added a photo of one to this post!

No comments: