Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Who are all those people?

While sitting in my local coffee shop, having my morning latte and reading a magazine, I saw a large group of people. They were wandering around looking rather aimless.

Eventually they came into the coffee shop, I supposed to get some coffee. This could have been a problem, because it's a small shop and most of the tables are for 2 people, and I would have felt the need to move if they were going to all try to sit down. I was almost finished my coffee, so, sigh, I prepared to vacate.

And then they were gone.

Wait a minute, where did they go? Did they all take their coffees outside? It's not bad out there today - it's about 8 or 9 degrees Celsius and not raining - but it's not really sit outside time yet - it's only January! But yes, they all went and sat outside.

A while later it donned on me... oh, it's Olympic time already! These must have been people who help the Olympic teams. I expect there are already some athletes here getting used to the time, the atmosphere, and the coffee in Vancouver. I can see non-locals thinking it's a good time to sit outside. These people did not strike me as athletes, but they were probably part of the team!

Wow! It's already started then! The pretty banners and the art installations are all set, so let's have some tourists!

No comments: