Friday, February 12, 2010

Was that exciting?

Well it was only 2 blocks away from where we live, so we did go out to see the Olympic torch go by this morning... meh.

There was still traffic on the street when everyone was lining the route for the flame - mostly trucks on business, but there were some idiots in single occupancy gas guzzlers trying to drive in downtown still. "Oh, I didn't know there was going to be any traffic problems, I thought about transit, but I drove instead." What planet have these people been living on? The police on bicycles were interesting, the horses were great to see - they didn't look too thrilled about it, but it's the last day of the relay, so they can stop this soon - but the torch runner was just a blur as he ran by.

I don't recommend trying to see anything when you're in a crowd and in a wheelchair. Doesn't work. (I only ran over one guy's foot - but that was his fault, not mine!) (I drove over my own foot once, I wasn't wearing shoes either... long story... it actually doesn't hurt that much, so I'm not worried about him.)

My spouse heard that Arnold Schwarzenegger (spell that one without Google, I dare you) was going to be running in Stanley Park at 6 a.m., so he got up in the middle of the night to see if he could see Arnold - not as a drooling fan, just because he was going to be close, so why not? What he learned was, never believe what you read from unofficial sources online. Arnold was going to be at Prospect Point said the unofficial source - nope, it was Brockton Point on the other side of the park. So my spouse got some unexpected exercise, he didn't expect to run that far, but he's done it many times before, so he's fine.

The result of seeing Arnold... "He's got a big head."

So was that exciting? Meh.

No comments: