Friday, April 23, 2010

Are crop circles alien skid marks?

We are experiencing more construction chaos at our home again. Luckily, we are moving!!! Yaaay! But before then, I need to use a temporary wooden ramp to get in and out of our building because the wheelchair ramp is blocked by construction tarps.

This temporary ramp will likely last until way after the middle of next month, when we are leaving, but it doesn't inspire confidence right now. It is made of wood, and they've stapled a black-gritty-sheet-of-something to it so it's not as slippery as bare wood. But it's not a stable black-gritty-sheet-of-something, it is a dispensing-millions-of-tiny-black-pebble-like-things-sheet-of-something. And those little black pebbles are getting into my wheelchair wheels.

On my way out, the little black pebbles don't bother me that much - they do eventually make their way out of my wheels - but on the way into my home they are a menace. I do park this wheelchair inside my home after all! So I've been driving back and forth and around in circles in the hallway outside my apartment door before driving in... which has made me wonder about crop circles.

The carpet in the hallways is reportedly going to be replaced soon (it's quite insane to do this when there is construction going on outside the building's front door, but the strata council is quite insane, so it's to be expected) so I'm not feeling so guilty about making a mess.

I can turn almost on a dime in my wheelchair and I can make completely round little circles of black pebbles in the carpet in the hallway. If I try hard, I can reproduce some of the more interesting crop circle designs in the hallway. Unless someone saw me doing this, how it was done would be a complete mystery to folks!

So do aliens in space ships use crop fields on Earth as places to get gritty stuff off their ships? Do they occasionally run through comets or other space debris, and they're just trying to get the gunk off?

If so, I can sympathize with them. It's just crap you shouldn't have to drag around with you. And if it can entertain the natives (or the neighbors) at the same time, that's a bonus!

No comments: