Sunday, August 2, 2009

What's wrong with my screen?

On Saturday my husband and I went to a movie to get out of the heat for a while. We saw Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs in 3D. 

I love the 3D movies. We took my trial motorized wheelchair, and the area for wheelchairs is off to the side in the theatre, so the 3D didn't work as well, but it was fun anyway. The movie was about as scientifically accurate as The Flintstones, an old TV program from my youth, so you had to leave any ideas of reality at the door, but it was meant to be a kid's movie.

My trial wheelchair has a screen with a display of the chosen speed on it. It's a grey and black screen. I kept the wheelchair on while waiting for my husband to arrive with the popcorn, so I could do some final maneuvering after he sat down. Some of the previews were for 3D movies, so they said put your 3D glasses on, and I did. The previews were fun too!

When my husband sat down, I looked down at the screen of my wheelchair to check it was on and do my final maneuver, the screen looked way out of focus! I was worried... for a second or so.

Tee Hee, the screen on motorized wheelchairs can't be read while you're wearing 3D glasses!

The things you learn when you try something new!

No comments: