Thursday, November 19, 2009

Is that 21 years of bad luck or just 7?

If you break a mirror, you will have 7 years of bad luck. Or so the saying goes.

If you break 3 mirrors at the same time... is that 7 years for the one event, or 21 years - 7 years for each mirror? HMMMMM

No, I haven't broken any mirrors lately, I was just sitting and watching men loading old mirrored closet doors into the back of a pickup, and expecting an inevitable span of bad luck to descend upon them. The doors were similar to the ones in my apartment, and they were being removed from my apartment building, so I know they are about 20 years old, and they are fairly sturdy from what I can tell. But as the one man got out of the truck and put his wallet in his back pocket as he walked towards the other man who had the mirrors ready for removal, I didn't think this was going to be a professional move. (If your wallet is too big to fit in your back pocket while you drive... suck it up and buy bigger pants, you've gained weight, bud.)

No, the mirrors didn't fit well in the pickup truck. No, they didn't put any padding around or between them. Yes, they did use a bit of red as a flag tied to the end of the door runners that they took away with the mirrors because they were sticking far off the end of the pickup. Unless they weren't going very far, I think those mirrors are now sharp pieces of glass strewn about the bed of a pickup truck.

I hope for their sake that it's only 7 years for the one event!

No comments: