Friday, June 26, 2009

So am I creating a Deuce Coupe here?


 I've just been listening to the old Beach Boys songs "Little Deuce Coupe" and "409"   because it's summer and they're fun summer songs. I'm playing them on my 5.1 stereo system through my iPod, neither of which were even thought of when these songs were recorded - and I wasn't born yet either - but the Beach Boys have fun songs. 


The odd thing was, when actually listening to the lyrics of these songs I thought of how complicated configuring a motorized wheel chair is turning out to be.


The song lyrics go into details of car mechanics that frankly no one knows anything about anymore: "four speed dual quad posi-traction"?  "flat head mill"??


The wheelchairs apparently have a huge variety of parts and options. I've sat in 5 chairs so far now, and have gone through the sales / occupational therapist person describing about 10,000 variations of foot rests, seat cushions, back cushions, head rests, control sticks, tilt sticks.... and we haven't even gotten to colour yet. What the ?


The process of getting a motorized wheelchair is supposed to take about 3 months, Yep, I understand that now. But will I be composing a song about it? 


Little Deuce Wheelchair, I don't know what I've got...


No comments: