Thursday, December 3, 2009

Should I start singing now?

I was in Stanley Park taking pictures on a beautiful sunny day a couple of days ago, and I've been having trouble getting the song "Talk to the Animals" out of my head ever since!

Why is this? Because the animals were sitting on me!

This is a picture of one of the chickadees that perched on my hand while taking seeds from me. There were about a dozen of them landing on my hand, on my shoulder, on my wheelchair, some tried for my head, but I was moving about... they were just everywhere.

And the squirrel that surprised me last time I was in the park by climbing up my leg climbed up my leg again. This time I had some walnut pieces ready for it. It sat on my leg and ate! I thought it would grab the nut and run, but it didn't! It was very soft and warm. (I haven't finished up the photos I got of the squirrel yet.)

So I've learned a couple of things from this - one, the breathing exercises from my yoga classes have paid off in my ability to stay still and relaxed while little animals are running all over me. Two, it's still very difficult to take photos of chickadees, even if you know exactly where they will be - getting seeds from your hand - because they are incredibly fast! I took maybe 30 pictures, and this is the 1 that came out. This will take a bit more practice... If I could talk to the animals, talk to the animals...

No comments: